Thursday 28 November 2013

Pre Production Project

Another update on my pre production bible. I have altered my story for the third time but now am happy with it and have been focusing on getting all the design work for it done.

I started by going back to my art that i was given/chose. The art of Robert Crumb.

I decided to move away from the internet a bit and got a couple of books from the library on this amazing comic book artist.


I soon found that this book was a far better resource than anything I could find on-line and would recomend it to anyone who is a fan of Robert Crumbs work. The book was just full of a wide variety of his work, so I started copying some of his crazy drawings trying to mimic his style even more.

my sketches.





I made sure I used pen as I found that practically all of Roberts work was done using ink. at the front of this book there is some scans of his old sketchbooks and it was really interesting to see some of the lines tippexed out where he had made a mistake. This made me appreciate his work even more as there wasn't many corrected lines. showing the level of skill he had as an illustrator. I have came to love working in pen as i find myself focusing so much on what I am actually drawing and not worrying about getting it perfect because I cant rub it out anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment